Medicaid insurance is one of the leading insurance providers in the United States. It is a product of the federal and state governments.
In this article, we will be looking at what Medicaid is, the insurance covered, the aim, and the benefit of Medicaid insurance.
What is Medicaid Insurance?
As stated earlier, Medicaid is one of the leading insurance providers in the united states. It is owned by the federal and state governments.
Medicaid insurance covers low-income earners, the disabled, and the elderly. In short, it covers those who have little or no means of getting health care insurance.
Furthermore, it is funded by the federal government while the state supervises and determines what health issues are covered. In a nutshell, while the federal provides, the state utilizes.
In general, they aim to help the poor and low-income earners, the disabled, and the elderly stay fit by giving them necessary health coverage.
See related post: Anthem Blue Cross – Dermatology Insurance
Health insurance covered
The insurance Medicaid covers vary from state to state. It goes to say that the federal does not interfere in whatever insurance the states pick as mandatory or optional.
Subsequently, the mandatory and optional insurance depends on the income bracket of the patient. For an instant, a state may choose to place simple treatments such as acne, blackheads, and scars mandatory.
The expense is quite low while the place treatments such as cancer under the optional tabs. All in all, the state decides what type of insurance they cover.
If you are a low-income earner in need of insurance, you should check out Medicaid’s official website. This will come in handy when trying to pick a plan.
Also, read Dermatology Insurance – Dermatology Guide X
Medicaid insurance benefits
Although Medicaid insurance is divided into mandatory and optional health coverage, here are some benefits it offers.
You should look through this list to know your preferred choice. The insurance benefits include;
- Inpatient hospital services
- Outpatient hospital services
- EPSDT: Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment Services
- Nursing Facility Services
- Home health services
- Physician services
- Rural health clinic services
- Federally qualified health center services
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- Family planning services
- Nurse Midwife services
- Certified Pediatric and Family Nurse Practitioner services
- Freestanding Birth Center services (when licensed or otherwise recognized by the state)
- Transportation to medical care
- Tobacco cessation counseling for pregnant women
- Prescription Drugs
- Clinic services
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech, hearing, and language disorder services
- Respiratory care services
- Other diagnostic, screening, preventive, and rehabilitative services
- Podiatry services
- Optometry services
- Dental Services
- Chiropractic services
- Other practitioner services
- Private duty nursing services
- Personal Care and many more
Moreover, you should know that these lists are subject to either of the two major types of insurance they offer(mandatory and optional).
See related post; Dermatology insurance; Anthem blue cross
In conclusion, if you are a low-income earner, a disabled, or an elderly, you are entitled to Medicaid insurance. It is government base insurance and guarantees low payment. A perfect choice for you.